Tuesday, January 29, 2008

29 January - But It Is Hardly Credible That One Could Be So Positively Ignorant!

Have you ever thought, "Why do I serve?" I gotta tell ya ... there have been times that I absolutely served for me and my pride. Now, I didn't get very much done, but I was really impressed with myself. Oh, I was called to this calling because I was good at this thing or that thing (unfortunately, I've done this a couple of times). But the Spirit was difficult to see because my big, fat head was in the way! I did find the Spirit occasionally during those times of service when I knew exactly why I was serving at that time, but only when I stopped thinking I knew the whole plan.

The service the Lord wants is the service that is humble, simple and unattached to our personal motivations. Service is not a career move or resume builder, it is a Kingdom builder.

What kingdom are you building with your service today?

No comments: