Tuesday, January 15, 2008

14 January -- Called By God

Additional Scriptures: Isaiah 6:8, Matthew 22:14, Matthew 4:19, 2 Peter 1, D & C 121

I just didn't feel like writing last night. I know that I committed (to myself) to do this each morning, but I haven't been getting to bed early enough to get up early enough to get it done. So last night, I fell asleep on the couch watching TV. Anyway ...

I read the devotional for today and feel very convicted. As I was reading it, I was thinking that I might just sleep through the call. But then I remembered the lesson about the elect found in Peter and realized that I still had a chance.

I had a chance in the darkest moments of my life when the missionaries knocked on my door. I couldn't have been farther away from God than I was at that point. The still small voice would never be heard over the chaos and noise swirling around in my life. The missionaries were my amplifier. They turned up the volume on the message of God, and I was allowed to listen in on the radio show. And finally, I got the cue to call ... I was obviously the seventh caller and one a ticket to the greatest show on Earth and in heaven.

What can you do to have the opportunity to hear the faint whisperings of the Lord? What changes can you make today, right now, to make a difference?

No comments: