Tuesday, January 22, 2008

22 January -- What Am I Looking at?

Wow! I almost totally forgot about my blog. I was surfing on another topic ... a good, important topic for me and my family ... and almost forgot that I had made this commitment. Then I read the devotion (yeah, I had forgotten to do that too) and well, I'm a bit convicted.

What AM I looking at? I'm not sure I've been focusing on God recently at all. I know definitely that I have not this day. Again, it's not bad stuff at all, but it is "stuff." I know that I have 16-18 hours a day awake, but how do I make that time meaningful in my relationship to the Lord?

I still have about 6 things to complete on my "to do list today." What I realized that I need to do is pray about the needful things, the things that will focus my attention to God. We cannot be idle, and I do not believe that we can just look and be saved. I believe that we need to let the Lord know that we are interested in His work. The only way we can do that is focus on the "stuff" that would glorify Him.

No comments: