Saturday, January 26, 2008

26 January - Look Again and Consecrate

I thought today's devotion was another admonition to remember that there is a free lunch and that we need only one free lunch to sustain ourselves. Then I read it again, and keyed in on the quote "'Consider the lilies of the field' - they grow where they are put."

Have I even considered where I am "put" by the Lord? Well, not recently ... at all, really. I'm always planning and scheming, even in relationship to my callings and the way I serve. I brought to mind the parable of the Talents. There are 5 talent people, 2 talent people and 1 talent people ... yet the reward for those who work to double their talents is the same. The really important thing that comes through today's devotion is that we work from where we are, right now, not try to dig up our roots and plant ourselves someplace else.

I mean really, God can place us any where He wants us, at any time. He did that with Phillip, after he taught the eunuch, He translated Phillip someplace completely different. So, if God has planted me here, then where should I be focusing my energy?

Is there someplace else you would rather be or are you prepared to grow, right where God planted you?

No comments: