Monday, January 28, 2008

28 January - But It Is Hardly Credible That One Could So Persecute Jesus!

Okay ... this one hurt! The line "every time we stand on our rights and insist that this is what we intend to do, we are persecuting Jesus" really cut to the heart.

How many times do I sit there and whine and complain about how someone has wronged me, hurt me, been just downright stupid. "How dare they do this or that to me!?" But how dare I fill myself with "righteous indignation?" Look, I'm not suggesting that we stay in downright evil or abusive situations or relationships. I'm suggesting that we think before we whine! If Christ paid for everyone's sin, mistakes, broken promises, then why should we make Him pay again by whining and complaining.

I'm going to really think twice this week about what I just to be "right" about in my conversations and situations at work and especially at home. I do not want to make an already sad situation for the Lord (one in which one of His children is being less than their best, or worse, evil) even more sad by reacting in an ugly or indignantly hurt manner.

Man, is that going to be hard!

No comments: